Friday, August 24, 2007

Stampin' Again!!!


So, I have decided that I need to get back to stamping and making cards. It is something that I REALLY enjoy and have found that I am really pretty good at it. I am generally pleased with my results and the recipients of my cards react very favorably (who doesn't enjoy a hand-made card?!). So, after quite a hiatus, I made this card just a few days ago and really love the way it turned out!!

I usually cheat when I make my cards by using pre-cut, pre-scored cards that I purchase in packs of 50 with envelopes which I then layer, embellish, etc, and this card is no exception. I have realized, however, that the cardstock used is a bit too flimsy and will eventually need to stop cheating and use higher quality cardstock. I also tend to use the same layout. I don't know what it is, but I seem to use this layout over and over!!

As for the other materials used: Martha Stewart Crafts cardstock in Coffee Bean and Peacock Tail; SU! cardstock in Whisper White; some plaid designer paper that I have had for a LONG time and cannot remember where I got it; SU! classic ink in Tempting Turquoise; VersaMark and Silver embossing powder for the heat embossed sentiment.

I am not sure how many of my creations I will be posting here, but I intend to add lots of stuff to my gallery on Splitcoast Stampers so be sure to check it out!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty! By the way, I am a proud pug owner too! I only have one...his name is Bruno!