Sunday, August 12, 2007

Getting Involved, Part 2


So, earlier today I met with a very small group of women to begin talking strategy for getting Hillary elected President in 2008. There were only 4 of us, but I really feel like the work we will be doing could make a real difference locally. I feel that each of us is committed to really getting the word out, not only about Hillary, but also about the more basic issue of voter registration.

We are hoping to start with voter turn out since it doesn't matter how hard you campaign for a candidate if nobody goes to the polls. So, if you are reading this, and you are not yet registered to vote, please go here and get registered!! If you are registered, share the link with your friends and ask them to do the same. It has always been my opinion that if you do not vote, you do not have a right to complain about our elected officials. I know that it can feel like your vote does not matter, particularly in light of the 2000 Presidential election, but we must continue to get out to the polls and make our voices heard

Additionally, it is time to stop standing on the sidelines (as I had been doing until today) and watching the political process happen around us. I urge you to get involved. The ONLY way any of us can really make a difference is if we get our hands dirty and really work on making change happen. I don't even care if you are not a Hillary supporter, as long as you are actively involved

If you would like to know more about Hillary and what she stands for and will work for as President, please be sure to check out her website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It turns out that according to Parole Board management directives, I am not allowed to publically endorse any candidate...